A well-designed and customized WooCommerce login page can significantly impact user engagement and the trustworthiness of your eCommerce store.
The login page of your eCommerce store is often the first touchpoint buyers have with your brand, and a professional, user-friendly design can set the tone for their perfect shopping experience.
In this post, we’ll highlight WooCommerce login page customization and show you how to use the power of design to enhance the functionality of your login page and get maximum benefit from your online store.
But before we dive into the details, let’s take a moment to quickly understand the importance of the WooCommerce login page and why customizing it is a crucial step.
Why do you need to customize login page of your eCommerce store?
For instance, if a potential customer arrives at your eCommerce store’s login page which might be functional, but its dull and boring design could raise doubts. It might seem suspicious that the WooCommerce login page doesn’t align with the rest of your website’s vibrant appearance.
Customers might question the authenticity of your store. However, by customizing the login page to match your brand’s identity, you can create a seamless transition that enhances trust and engagement. There are some key benefits of WooCommerce login page customization. Take a look below-
- It gives a positive first impression.
- Reinforces your brand’s image.
- Builds familiarity with users.
- Enhances credibility and trust.
- Reduces user confusion for smoother navigation.
- Encourages customer loyalty through better user experiences.
Now its time to delve deeper into the process of WooCommerce login page customization-
How to customize login page of your WooCommerce Store ?
The tools like LoginPress, ProfilePress, WPForms, WooCommerce Customizer, and many others allow you to tailor the login process according to your preferences.
The plugin presents both inline and pop-up forms that can be easily integrated into different sections of your website. Furthermore, it conveniently replaces the standard My Account login/Registration form.
To get started, simply install and activate the plugin on your WooCommerce site–
1. Activating WooCommerce Login/Registration Form
- Once the plugin is installed and activated, a new tab named “Login/Signup Popup” will appear in your WordPress Admin panel. Click on this tab to proceed.
- Navigate to the WordPress Admin menu and access the “Login/Signup Popup” tab.
- Within the “Login/Signup Popup” section, go to the “General” settings and make sure that the following options are selected-
- Enable Registration
- Auto Login Users on Sign Up
- Handle Password Reset
2. Replacing My Account Page Form
Navigate to the WooCommerce Settings section by scrolling down and activate these settings if they’re not already active:
- Replace myaccount form
- Replace checkout login form
This simplifies the process for you. The plugin takes care of swapping out the default registration/login forms on the My Account page with the customized versions you’re creating.
3. Managing Registration/Login Form Fields
- Stay on the General tab and click “Manage” next to “Registration Fields.”
- This takes you to the section to customize login/registration forms. Add fields like passwords, usernames, and more.
- Click fields on the left to access their unique settings and mark fields as “Active” for the form.
- Now change the things like placeholders, limits, and autofill for login fields.
- Click “Save” after finalizing field settings.
4. Customizing WooCommerce Login or Registration Page Styles
For advanced styling options to personalize the WooCommerce login and registration, go to the Settings tab.
In Settings, You Can opt to display icons, modify icon size, adjust container width, change icon and background colors, select a border color, set a bottom margin for fields and choose input field background color.
5. View the Changes
To see the changes or results, you need to log out from your website or open a new tab in Incognito.
Next, go to the “My Account” page on your store’s website where you will find a customized WooCommerce login form, having the fields and styles you’ve chosen.
6. Adding a Customized Login Page Anywhere on Your WooCommerce Store
To do so-
- Return to Login/Signup Form Popup and click on Settings.
- Navigate to the Info tab. This section provides instructions on how to present the WooCommerce login form using different ways.
You can make it appear as a pop-up when someone clicks on a link or a button. You can also display it directly on a page using a special code.
Moreover, if you want to show the login form in multiple places on your website, you can use a shortcode to duplicate it.
If you’re interested in expanding your knowledge and want to learn adding a Wishlist feature to your WooCommerce store, feel free to explore our blog for a simple, comprehensive step-by-step guide.