Website security is important in today’s digital world, where risks like malware, cyberattacks, backdoor attacks, and data breaches are too common. These dangers can harm your profits, lose customer trust, and even jeopardize your entire site.
To safeguard your website, we’ve compiled a list of the top WordPress security plugins. Using these security plugins is like having insurance and a security alarm for your WordPress site.
Before we continue, let’s take a moment to gain a better understanding of WordPress security plugins.
What Are WordPress Security Plugins And Why Do You Need To Use Them?
In the online landscape, websites face constant threats. Hackers are constantly trying to steal your site’s information, spread harmful stuff, or even block you from accessing it. These attacks can hurt your business operations and its reputation. But, don’t worry – security plugins are like your website’s guardians, keeping it safe.
- They protect your information from theft.
- Prevent your site from becoming a source of malware.
- Keep your site online and prevent data loss.
- Ensure your site’s appearance and reputation remain intact.
5 Top WordPress Security Plugins
Investing in WordPress security plugins is a vital step in protecting your business, upholding your reputation, and ensuring a secure online experience for your users. Let’s explore the best security plugins to safeguard your website-
- Web application firewall (WAF)
- Security notifications and alerts
- Continuous security monitoring
- Brute force attack prevention
- Content delivery network (CDN) support
- HTTPS and SSL management
- DDoS protection
- File integrity checks
- Blacklist removal assistance
- Detailed security activity reports
Sucuri provides a free plan and a 30-day money-back guarantee for upgrades, with premium plans ranging from $9.99 to $499.99 per month.
2. iThemes Security
iThemes Security, is a WordPress security plugin developed by the creators of the well-known BackupBuddy plugin. It offers a user-friendly interface and an array of features. This plugin enhances your website’s security in more than 30 ways, encompassing features like password protection and user activity monitoring.
- User-friendly interface
- File integrity checks
- Security hardening options
- Login attempt limitations
- Strong password enforcement
- 404 error detection
- Brute force attack protection
- Lack of a built-in website firewall
- Utilizes Sucuri’s Sitecheck malware scanner
iThemes Security Pro’s pricing begins at $80 per year, with higher pricing plans for additional site security. They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. Wordfence Security
One of its unique qualities is the ability to provide insights into your website’s traffic trends and hack attempts. Furthermore, it offers a complete firewall suite. This suite encompasses features like country blocking, manual blocking, brute force protection, real-time threat defense, and a web application firewall.
You can also check our step-by-step guide on how to install Wordfence in WordPress.
- Security scanning and alerts
- Malware detection and removal
- Two-factor authentication support
- Login attempt and password monitoring
- IP and user agent blocking
- Incident recovery and traffic insights
- Comprehensive firewall with country-blocking
- Manual blocking, brute force protection
Wordfence provides a range of options, including a free version and premium plans. The premium plans are available at various price points: Premium at $119 per year, Wordfence Care at $490 per year, and Wordfence Response at $950.
4. All-In-One WP Security & Firewall
If you’re in search of a free and user-friendly WordPress plugin to boost your website’s security, the All-in-One WordPress Security & Firewall plugin is a great choice. It’s perfect for managing a single.
What sets it apart is its powerful combination of WordPress security auditing, monitoring, and firewall protection that makes the process of fortifying your site remarkably simple. With its grading system, it provides an efficient way to pinpoint areas for improvement. This ensures a safer and more secure online presence in the ever-evolving digital landscape.
- User-Friendly Security Interface
- Security Auditing and Monitoring
- Firewall Protection to provide essential firewall defense.
- Brute Force Attack Prevention
- User Account Security
- Database Security
- Password Strength Tool
The All-in-One WordPress Security plugin is available for free too, making it accessible for those on a budget. It’s the best way to boost the website’s security without breaking the bank.
Backed by Automattic, this extensive database comprises an impressive collection of over 21,000 documented security vulnerabilities.
- Password auditing and brute force attack detection
- Enumeration of users and plugins
- Version detection for various CMSs, including WordPress
- Vulnerability assessment for server configurations
- Option for custom security scans and reporting
WPScan provides a free plan for up to 25 daily API requests which is usually sufficient for a standard WordPress site. Its premium plans include Start at $5/month, Professional at $25/month, and custom-priced Enterprise for more extensive API requests.